General precautions for using heating elements
Today, I introduce you to the general use precautions of heating elements, and provides a reference for everyone to use heating elements, so as not to damage the product and cause danger.
1. Allow the element to work under the following conditions:
Answer: The relative humidity of the air does not exceed 95%, and there is no explosive and corrosive gas. (Except for explosion-proof heaters)
B. The working voltage should not be greater than 1.1 times the rated value, and the housing should be effectively grounded.
C. Insulation resistance ≥ 1MΩ dielectric strength: 2KV / 1min.
2. The electric heating element should be placed in an appropriate position and fixed, and the effective heating area must be completely immersed in liquid or metal solid, and empty burning is strictly prohibited. When it is found that there is scale or carbon deposit on the surface of the pipe body, it should be cleaned and used in time to avoid affecting heat dissipation and shortening the service life.
3. When heating fusible metals or solid nitrates, alkali metals, asphalt, paraffin, etc., the working voltage should be lowered first, and the medium can be raised to the rated voltage after the medium melts.
4. When heating the air, the components should be arranged crosswise and evenly, so that the components have good heat dissipation conditions, so that the air flowing through can be fully heated.
5. Safety measures should be considered when heating nitrate to prevent explosion accidents.
6. The wiring part should be placed outside the insulating layer to avoid contact with corrosive, explosive media and moisture; the wire should be able to withstand the temperature and thermal load of the wiring part for a long time, and excessive force should be avoided when tightening the wiring screws.
7. The filter element should be stored in a dry place. If the insulation resistance is lower than 1MΩ due to long-term storage, they can be dried in an oven at around 2°C, or the voltage can be lowered and the insulation resistance can be heated until the insulation resistance is restored.
8. The magnesium oxide powder at the outlet of the electric heating element should avoid infiltration of pollutants and moisture in the place of use to prevent leakage accidents.